Friday, April 27, 2007

The Written Expression of Prayer







Sheri shares how her personal experience was the catalyst for one of the prayer stations (one photo shows the station itself, and the other shows a woman sitting right next to it, journaling). Sheri says:

"Many have asked about the origin of the stations.....I wanted to share the background for the station, "The Written Expression of Prayer".

I went through a long dark time when my life was pain, exhaustion, disappointment, bills to pay, health problems, and inadequacy for the needs of 2 high capacity kids. I don't remember when, but I discovered journaling. I found verses in Philipians 4 that talked about "in everything", "anxious thoughts", "petitions", "thanksgiving", "requests"....along with the promise..... "and the peace of God which passes all understanding, shall guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus".

I began pouring those things into my journal. It was a physical release for emotions, petitions and praises. And...it never failed that after I was poured out, the next sentence was something of the Lord that I could never have imagined for myself. It became my tool for clearing distraction, pouring out my heart, and becoming available to hear God's voice.

I prayed that just one person would discover that "release and revelation" through the journaling station the Lord encouraged me to create. I have been soooo blessed to hear of many more than one.....children, teenagers, men, and women. Sharing it has made me realize what a deep blessing it has been in my life.

And now, I can one day leave those 2 kids of mine a mountain of written prayers... and of God's faithful answers."

No comments: